7 Factors to Consider When Choosing a Dentist in Summerlin NV
When it comes to choosing a new dentist in Summerlin NV there are a number of things to consider. One of the main considerations is whether you are seeking a general dentist for ongoing care, maintenance and checkups, or whether you are looking for a dental specialist equipped to provide a specific treatment, such as restorative or cosmetic procedures.
Following are seven additional things to consider when choosing a dentist in Summerlin NV.
1. Training: Research the extent of training and clinical experience that a prospective dentist has, particularly with regard to specialty procedures. For example, not all dentists are trained in performing the full array of cosmetic or restorative procedures and may in fact refer certain cases to specialists.
2. Treatments Offered: Not all dentists in Summerlin NV offer the same services. If you are looking for a specific treatment, it is imperative that you inquire as to whether a given practice offers it. For example, you may have seen advertising for Invisalign and are interested in that procedure. Although your dentist may offer an invisible braces solution similar in function and quality to Invisalign, he/she may not be certified to provide Invisalign specifically. If this is important to you, it’s something you should consider during your search.
3. Referrals: General dentists in Summerlin NV may refer complex restorative or cosmetic cases to colleagues if they are not equipped to provide certain treatments. If you are not concerned with a scenario in which you are referred to another dentist for treatment, you should inquire as to the specifics of the referral process.
4. Emergency Care: Dental emergencies happen. Oral trauma and damaged restorations can strike at any time. Therefore it’s important to know what sort of options your dentist in Summerlin NV offers in the case of such emergencies. For example, some practices offer flexible after hours and weekend appointments, whereas other practices may have limited flexibility.
5. Dental Technologies: Is your dentist investing in new technologies to help improve the patient experience and enhance the treatment process? Although these technologies will not necessarily improve treatment outcome, they can have an impact on aspects of the treatment experience such as the amount of chair time or number of visits required for a given procedure.
6. Patient Comforts: If you are an anxious dental patient, you’re not alone. Dental anxiety is common to the point that many practices offer a variety of services catered towards patient comfort. Pre-medication and nitrous oxide are fairly obvious examples, but some practices go so far as to offer headphones, massage, aromatherapy and more to help put patients at ease. Ask about what sort of patient comforts the dentist in Summerlin NV offers during your initial consultation.
7. Before and After Examples: Most dentists keep a gallery of past patients that includes pictures of their teeth before and after treatment. This can be extremely helpful when evaluating the quality of work you can expect with a dentist.
If you are in need of an expert dentist in Summerlin NV, we would love to welcome you into our practice. Call today to schedule a consultation and we’ll be happy to discuss these seven considerations to put you at ease!